Terms of Sale
When you buy from us you are agreeing that:
- We only accept orders once we've checked them.
- Sometimes we reject orders.
- We take payment immediately.
- Prices may vary.
- We pass on increases in VAT.
- We're not responsible for delays outside our control.
- You have a legal right to change your mind.
- You have rights if there is something wrong with your product.
- We don't compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products.
- We use your personal data as set out in our Privacy Notice.
- You have several options for resolving disputes with us.
- Other important terms apply to our contract.
We only accept orders once we’ve checked them:
As part of our order process, you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. Following receipt of your order, we will send you an order acknowledgement email, detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this order acknowledgement email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from us.
Our acceptance of an order and the completion of a contract between you and us takes place either when we email you to confirm your order, or when we dispatch the order (even if your payment has been processed immediately).
Sometimes we reject orders:
We may refuse to accept an order, for example:
- Where products are no longer available;
- Where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment or suspect fraud;
- If there has been a pricing or product description error; or
- Where you are located outside our standard shipping countries. Sales to destinations not within our list of shipping countries will only be accepted with prior arrangement with our export department, and will be subject to prepayment and a minimum export sale order. You may contact us at email: firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.
We may limit the quantity of any product sold, or prohibit a sale altogether, including but not limited to prohibiting sales to resellers. In any such event you will receive a refund.
We take payment immediately
We take payment immediately on confirmation of your order and all products are subject to availability. In the event that we are unable to supply a product, we will inform you of this as soon as possible.
We only accept payment in Pounds Sterling. At the point of payment, your card issuing bank will convert the amount paid in pounds sterling to other currencies using their current exchange rate. Please bear in mind our other currency display is a guide and that your bank exchange rate may be different to our online display and will be reflected on your card statement.
Prices May Vary
All prices are in pounds sterling and include all taxes (where applicable) at the current rates but unless specified, do not include delivery or other charges.
Where we charge separately for packing, carriage and insurance and other relevant charges, the appropriate rates will be made known to you.
Our prices are reviewed regularly and while we try to ensure that all prices on the Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the products, you will receive a full refund
We pass on increases in VAT
If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
We're not responsible for delays outside our control
If our supply of your product is delayed by an event outside our control, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won't compensate you for the delay, but you can contact our email@example.com to cancel your order and receive a refund for any products you have paid for in advance, but not received.
You have a legal right to change your mind
Please see our Returns Policy for more detail.
You have rights if there’s something wrong with your product
Please see our Warranty Policy for more detail.
We don't compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products
We're responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
- Unexpected. It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before we accepted your order meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable).
- Caused by a delaying event outside our control. As long as we have taken the steps set out in the section We're not responsible for delays outside our control.
- Avoidable. Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action. For example, damage to your own digital content or device, which was caused by digital content we supplied and which you could have avoided by following our advice to apply a free update or by correctly following the installation instructions or having the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- A business loss. It relates to your use of a product for the purposes of your trade, business, craft or profession.
We use your personal data as set out in our Privacy Notice
How we use any personal data you give us is set out in our Privacy Notice.
You have several options for resolving disputes with us
Our complaints policy. Our Customer Service Team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and will do their best to resolve any problems you have with us or our products.
You can go to court. These terms are governed by English law and wherever you live you can bring claims against us in the English courts. If you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in. We can claim against you in the courts of the country you live in.
Other important terms apply to our contract
We can transfer our contract with you, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying your product. We'll tell you in writing if this happens and we'll ensure that the transfer won't affect your rights under the contract.
You can only transfer your contract with us to someone else if we agree to this.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you're not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can't do it later.