We honour our legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you on our website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that the products we sell you must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.
If you think there is something wrong with your product, you may be entitled to a refund, repair or replacement. Either bring it in to one of our stores or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to return it to us.
In addition to your legal rights, all items purchased from Dawsons come with a Dawsons Guarantee. This means that if your product develops a fault within 3 years of purchase (in the case of new products) or 6 months or purchase (in the case of used products), we will repair, replace, or provide a refund for it. This does not affect your legal rights described above.
The Dawsons Guarantee does not apply to:
- Amplifier tubes and valves
- Consumables such as strings, batteries and items expected to have a short lifespan.
Complimentary Additional 6 Months Dawsons Essential Coverage
We've partnered with BandLab to offer you an additional 6 months of Dawsons Essential Coverage for free! Simply follow the following steps to get started:
- Log in to your Dawsons account on our web store.
- Click Connect with BandLab.
- Click Continue OR if you do not already have a BandLab account, create one!
- Done! Enjoy your free additional 6 months of Dawsons Essential Coverage!
Additional BandLab terms apply. Learn more.
The Dawsons Guarantee should not be confused with a cooperative warranty from any manufacturer. We stand behind the products we sell and want you to be completely confident in the products you purchase from us. Additional warranties may be offered by the manufacturer. Please see the manufacturer’s website for details.
How do I take advantage of the Dawsons Guarantee?
Please contact us at email@example.com, including:
- Photographs of the fault;
- Date of purchase of your product;
- Proof of purchase.
One of our team will be in touch to advise you on next steps. We may ask you to return the guitar to us. Alternatively, if there is a reputable / authorised repair centre near to you, we may agree to reimburse you for the costs of repair.
Items returned to us must be packaged securely. Failure to securely package the guitar may invalidate the warranty.
If you are exercising your legal right to a repair or replacement, we will cover the shipping costs of returning the item to us. If you are outside the legal periods and exercising the Dawsons Guarantee, you are responsible for paying all shipping costs. Our Customer Services team will a advise you of this.
Dawsons Guarantee Terms and Conditions The Dawsons Guarantee applies only to the original purchaser (“you”) and is not transferable. Your instrument must have been purchased from Dawsons The Dawsons Guarantee is valid for three (3) years (in the case of new products) and six (6) months (in the case of used products) from the date of purchase (“Coverage Period”).
You must comply with the warranty claims procedure when making a warranty claim. The original purchase receipt must be presented upon our request when you request for warranty service.
This Dawsons Guarantee covers defects in material and workmanship under regular use and includes parts and labor. The defective product or parts will be replaced or repaired (with comparable and/or refurbished parts) as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion. Any product or part replaced shall become our property.
The Dawsons Guarantee does not cover the following:
- Any damage to the product due to accidental damage, including drops and spills, negligence, modification, improper maintenance or misuse;
- Any normal wear and tear to the product, including but not limited to discolouration, fading or damage to original finish, worn frets, strings, tuners, jacks, switches, pickups, corrosion or rusting of hardware and plating;
- Any damage to the guitar product to overexposure to excessive humidity, temperature, sunlight, or if the product has not been kept in a safe and proper environment;
- Any defects to the product involving subjective judgements and opinions regarding characteristics of the guitar or grain characteristics or colors of wood;
- Any product whose serial number has been removed, defaced or altered in any fashion; or
- Any product that has undergone repairs not authorised by us, modifications or has been dismantled by anyone other than our technician.
- In all cases, our technician will assess the product to determine if it is eligible for the Dawsons Guarantee. All decisions our technicians make will be final.
All and any incidental charges, such as consumables, shipping or delivery fees to and from us, will be borne by you.
This does not affect your legal rights.